Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Meet Our Students: Daniel Pintos

Q: Where are you from? 
D: I'm from Lehighton, PA.

Q: What is your major?
D: I'm an English major with a concentration in Creative Writing.

Q: What year are you? 
D: I'm a Senior.

Q: What are your literary strengths? 
D: Writing poetry and genre fiction are my strengths.

Q: Favorite books or shows?
D: My favorite book series is the Wheel of Time [by Robert Jordan]. I highly recommend it to anyone who likes fantasy.

Q: Why did you become an English Major?
D: I became an English major because my biggest strength academically has always been writing, and I love to read, so it fits pretty well.

Q: What is your favorite class you have ever took?
D: The poetry workshop with Professor Wemple taught me that I can write poetry.

Q: What organizations are you part of?
D: I'm currently a shadow at the Writing and Literacy Engagement Studio (WALES).

Q: What subjects do you like to write about, formally and informally?
D: I’m not a fan of writing about myself, at least when it comes to crafting a narrative.  Poetry allows me to touch upon topics I don’t think I have the ability to approach otherwise. Fantasy and science fiction allow me to play around with the wild ideas in my head.

Q: What's the title of a book you’d like to write?
D: Why God Doesn't Tell Us Why.

Q: What's the title of a book about you?
D: Confessions of a Professional Napper.

Q: What would your dream job be?
D: If I could make a living off of my music, I would absolutely love to just tour and play in front of crowds. There’s no better feeling for me.

Q: Finally, any advice for incoming freshmen or students who are thinking about taking more English classes? 
D: I’d recommend Intro to Creative Writing, or a literature course that looks interesting. You might be surprised about how fun it is to write when the topic isn’t a research paper.

Thanks for the interview, Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations Are In Order: Student Writing Contest

We are excited to share a snapshot of the judge's comments from this year's Student Writing Contest. The English Department is treme...