Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Meet Our Students: T. Clark

Meet Our Students: Clark




Where Are You From?
Stillton, PA. It's right outside of Harrisburg.

What is Your Major/ Year?
I'm a Creative Writing major with a minor in Literature. I'm a senior.

What Are Your Favorite Forms of Media?
I honestly spend most of my free time rewatching old shows because all the reading I have time to do is for English class. Old seasons of shows...I really watch a lot of MASH.

What type of things do you like to create?
Anything that I can. I have had any creative major since high school- I started out with cooking. Anything I can make that can make someone else feel something.

What has been your favorite class here?
I took an electronic learning class where we had to make powerpoints for take home lessons for students. We got to make these really cool powerpoints. In class I made a powerpoint comparing the Lion King and Hamlet, and it was an interactive powerpoint.

Plans for the summer?
Working and concerts.

Which literary character do you relate to the most?
I don't know. I guess, I don't really relate to characters in movies and stuff, because I'm not really portrayed... the most relatable characters would be in like Black Panther now. Maybe Deadpool? *laughs* He's just a wisecracker, sassy.

What’s one thing you would most like to impact in the world?
I actually want to be a high school english teacher, so I'm starting to apply to work in lower-income cities with kids. That's where I'm from, so I want to give back to people who don't have it. In my school we had to share textbooks... I just want to help kids.

One piece of advice for new English majors?
Don’t let your intro classes discourage you because they can be awful but when you get into the real stuff it's so much fun, especially when you actually get to know your professors.

Thank you Clark for the interview!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations Are In Order: Student Writing Contest

We are excited to share a snapshot of the judge's comments from this year's Student Writing Contest. The English Department is treme...