Thursday, October 24, 2019

Meet Our Students: Anna Jaskiewicz

Where are you from? Bloomsburg
Major? English: Lit and English: Digital Rhetoric
Year? Senior
Literary Strengths? writing analysis, professional writing (gotten better at)
Favorite books and/or TV shows? Steinbeck, East of Eden, probably anything from Margaret Atwood. I don’t really watch TV so I don't have any favorites—except for Avatar: the Last Airbender.
Why did you become an English major? At first I wanted to teach English in a high school setting, then I just fell in love with study of literature and literary criticism, and I realized there was a lot more that I could do with an English degree than I originally thought.
Favorite class(es) ever taken? Major Authors, focusing on Atwood - Topics and Criticism with Dr. Randall - European Lit 1 with Dr. Whitworth - Approaches to Lit with Dr. Randall
What organizations are you a part of? Phi Sigma Pi, a national honors fraternity (I'm the president), Sigma Tau Delta which is another honors fraternity, and I'm the opinion/editorial editor of the Voice.Favorite subjects to write about, formally or informally? I like literary criticism, even like on a more base level just book reviews, but I only really write when I have to.
Quick, create a title for a book you’d like to write: Middle Class Memoirs
Now a title for a book about you: Uh, Incredibly Indecisive
Dream job? Professional Reader–does it have to be real?
Any advice for incoming freshmen or students thinking about taking more English classes? Enough is never enough with lit classes. Don’t be afraid to even minor in English if you want to major in something else because the skill set is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Congratulations Are In Order: Student Writing Contest

We are excited to share a snapshot of the judge's comments from this year's Student Writing Contest. The English Department is treme...